I've been overloaded:
I'm sick
Computers are overloaded with email names, accounts, passwords, blogs
I'm just trying to simplify
I've got to get this paper and computer stuff organized, so I can have a life. Oh, and get well too (as much as I can anyway under the circumstances.)
Anyway, Microsoft Blogwriting software claims they can do one of those things for me...
Let's see what happens...
Here's a pic for the heck of it, as I saw this horse and started looking around the web for info. The Mangalarga Marchador Horse Association of America is the only breed association to insist up the humane treatment of its horses. It is also the National Horse of Brazil. "Marchador horses are know for the calm, gentle nature and are easy to train. Harshness is not needed and less-than-humane treatment, as specified by the Hooved Animal Humane Society, is unacceptable," says Tony Orta, vice president of the MMHAA. "We will not tolerate any cruel treatment in training or showing of the Marchador horses and we sincerely hope other associations will follow our lead." The breed has been genetically pure for the last 150 yrs.
Here's another:
I will ride again. I had info on a handicap riding instructor, but I forgot the name of the farm. I want to go there tomorrow. I need to see horses. Pictures and videos still make me cry. I miss Preston so much, and I haven't dealt with that. He's been gone 2 yrs, so I'm going to give myself and my broken body and heart a break and see if there is a way an English Dressage Rider can ride with one arm literally tied to her body. I have to do this - I'm so lost without it - like an addict that has that big hole in their life when they go clean, and they can't find something to fill it.
If I appear daft and I haven't told you the story of my accident, I shall do it another day. Suffice it to say, I do not have the use of my left arm very much. My Preston fell on me and ripped my shoulder out of it's socket, doing a number on the brachialplexus - the network of nerves that run from your spine to under your arm, then down your arm. Nerve damage is pain 24/7, and although I'm on paid meds I can't take enough to make the pain go away, cause then I go away too.
I have a 14yo daughter I need to stay around for.
Hopefully I'll find this farm and find something else to stay around for besides my daughter, and my wonderful partner Steve. I'm grateful for them, but pain -mental and physical changes you. I'm not as I once was. I feel so less capable and sure, and that was something Preston and riding gave me once upon a time...
Please pray for us...

No comments:
Post a Comment